As a group we organise talks, debates and social events together. You will be supporting the work to raise the profile of Humanism in Liverpool, and to challenge the increasing influence of religion in education, politics and public life.
If you would like to join the Liverpool Humanist Group as a member our subscription fee is £15 per year, £5 for full-time students or registered unemployed. This sub. will go towards LHG events, guest hire, campaigns, room hire, plus our web site.
If you would just like to come along to meetings, but not become a member the fee per meeting is £2, this will be collected at the beginning of the meeting when you arrive to cover the cost of room hire & future events.
The benefits of joining as a full member are:
- it’s free to come along to all our meetings
- for the whole year it’s cheaper than paying per meeting
- if you feel strongly about an issue e.g. relating to Humanism or religion you’ll have access to a group of like minded people who might be able to offer support, maybe even action to do something about it.
- you’ll be kept informed of local events of interests
- you’ll have voting rights
- you can become more involved by joining one of the group’s Project Teams
If your interested and want to find out more, please fill out the form below
‘I’m an atheist. I can’t embrace a male god who has persecuted female sexuality throughout the ages’.
‘Christianity has such a contemptible opinion of human nature that it does not believe a man can tell the truth unless frightened by a belief in God. No lower opinion of the human race has ever been expressed.’
Robert G Ingersoll (1833-1899)